Right Click Integration?

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
lucidphreak

Right Click Integration?

Postby lucidphreak » 07.04.2012 18:05:48

I used the search feature to try to answer my own question - but there was a lot of static from other "right click" questions... So I will ask here - if this is asked over and over again, please dont flame me.

Great App so far.. I have assigned ALT-Z to switch windows and it works fine. What I would prefer though, is to simply right ciick on the desktop and have "Switch DEsktop" or something similar in the flyout menu that appears... you know, the same menu where you do screen resolution, personalize, etc?

I only use two desktops, so a simple "Switch desktops" would be fine for me, but others might want a DEXPOT option listed, and when you select it, another flyout appears listing all active windows for the user to select.

If this currently exists please let me know... I did the "enable integration to all windows menus or whatever" thinking that would do it, but it didnt.

Thanks!

Patrick
Developer

Re: Right Click Integration?

Postby Patrick » 07.04.2012 18:18:24

:dex:

No, doesn't exist. But if you have a 5-button mouse, you can switch desktops by pressing the back/forward navigation buttons on the desktop.

Joop
Beta Tester

Re: Right Click Integration?

Postby Joop » 07.04.2012 22:15:21

Or you could do a little registry hack to add an item to your right-click menu.
If you installed Dexpot in the default location you can just download the attached zip file, extract the .reg file and double click on it. It will install a "Previous Desktop" item in Windows Desktop´s right-click menu that will enable you to switch to the previously used desktop (using Dexpot´s -back command line option).

If you installed Dexpot in another location, of course you can edit the DexpotSwitch.reg in notepad to point it to the right location, before double clicking it.

For an explanation how to add items to start a program from the right-click menu, take a look at: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-any-application-to-the-desktop-right-click-menu-in-vista/

Have fun! (wave)
Attachments
DexpotSwitch.zip
(388 Bytes) Downloaded 133 times

Return to “Support”