Improved accessibility to minimized windows

Here you may post suggestions for improving and extending Dexpot.
Joop
Beta Tester

Improved accessibility to minimized windows

Postby Joop » 05.07.2011 22:16:04

Dexpot has a feature to minimize windows to the system tray, which is a great way to save on real estate in the taskbar. Even more great is the option to minimize these windows to a single container in the systray.

Unfortunately Dexpot has in common with other programs (Tray-It, Tray Wizard, etcetera) that do this same thing, that to restore the windows to their previous state, one has first to click on the tiny button in the system tray to display the list of minimized windows and then click again to complete the restore. It gets worse when the taskbar was set to (auto)hide.
Meaning: fast minimizing but slow restoring.

Would it not be nice to have a (definable) hotkey and/or mouse-key combination to make the list of minimized windows, that are in the Dexpot container, pop up at the position of the mouse pointer?

This would also (for example) make it possible to differentiate between windows that you are not likely to restore often (minimized in the normal way or as separate icons in the systemtray) and the programs that are often minimized/restored (minimized to the systemtray in the Dexpot container).

Patrick
Developer

Re: Improved accessibility to minimized windows

Postby Patrick » 07.07.2011 10:54:06

:dex:

Joop wrote:Would it not be nice to have a (definable) hotkey and/or mouse-key combination to make the list of minimized windows, that are in the Dexpot container, pop up at the position of the mouse pointer?

Have you tried the DexTab task switcher (default hotkey Win+Q)?

Joop
Beta Tester

Re: Improved accessibility to minimized windows

Postby Joop » 07.07.2011 15:43:45

Patrick wrote::dex:

Joop wrote:Would it not be nice to have a (definable) hotkey and/or mouse-key combination to make the list of minimized windows, that are in the Dexpot container, pop up at the position of the mouse pointer?

Have you tried the DexTab task switcher (default hotkey Win+Q)?

Yes, in fact I use DexTab a lot.
But I´m talking about different and new functionality here.
DexTab switches between ALL running processes. My proposal is for fast restoring of any of the minimized processes that are optionally available in the Dexpot systray container.

I´m confident that the proposed function can boost user productivity.

Return to “Feature requests”