First off, let me say that I just recently discovered Dexpot and it has been EXACTLY what I've wanted on Windows, so thank you for such an unbelievably powerful and well-designed application. I do have two minor bugs to report, however:
1. The Window Catalogue (active application) option only seems to work correctly when using the old-style 1.5 non-Aero interface. When I use this option with the new 1.6 Aero interface, all I see is my desktop background. I saw an earlier thread about this but it was from over a year ago and seemed to refer to this feature not working at all, so I wanted to submit a new bug specifying that this only seems to fail now on the new interface.
2. This is a very minor bug and I came across it simply playing with DexControl (hugely impressive, by the way) and seems to be merely a render glitch. Here are the steps to reproduce:
- Open full-screen preview.
- Hold the mouse button to drag any window over to another desktop, then hold down the CTRL key to trigger the animation of a copy returning to the source desktop, then release the CTRL key, then drag the window back to its source desktop, and finally release the mouse button.
- Hold down the CTRL key BEFORE clicking the window again, then drag the same window to another desktop, then bring it back to the source desktop, then release the mouse button.
- Repeat Step 2. You'll notice that when you start dragging the window this time, even though you're copying, the window in the source desktop disappears -- and when you bring the window back to the source desktop and release the mouse button, the window disappears from the source desktop entirely. However, when you actually return to that desktop, the window is still there, so this appears to be a simple render glitch in DexControl and not an issue that causes the dragged application to close.
These are admittedly minor issues in an absolutely outstanding application. Congratulations on achieving such powerful functionality while maintaining such stability and low resource consumption!