Google Chrome showing up in All Desktops while assigned to "Where Started".

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
llinfeng

Google Chrome showing up in All Desktops while assigned to "Where Started".

Postby llinfeng » 27.01.2018 17:31:33

Through the "Assign Application" interface, I have assigned Google Chrome to "Where Started". However, when I switch to other desktops, I should still see the same Google Chrome window. Also, I can still click items in the Chrome window. Thus, Dexpot disregard my setting for "Where Started", and has implemented an "All desktops" option for Google Chrome specifically.

Further specifying Google Chrome to "Desktop 1" does not help: it is still popping up all the time, on all desktops.

I have tried uninstalling-reinstalling to resolve this particular problem, but in vain so far.

How does Dexpot assign programs to desktops? Is the identifier the process, or the "Windows Class object"? If it is the latter, other settings of mine may interfere the setting for Google Chrome specifically, as the same Windows Class should apply for multiple programs (executables).

Attached goes my current setting, in case this particular problem with assigning Google Chrome to "Where started" is caused by them.
[attachment=0]All_Settings.png[/attachment]
Attachments
All_Settings.png
Settings for Assign Application.
All_Settings.png (19.47 KiB) Viewed 2225 times

llinfeng

Re: Google Chrome showing up in All Desktops while assigned to "Where Started".

Postby llinfeng » 27.01.2018 17:42:47

Well, it seems that Total Commander is doing the same troublesome behavior: that it is showing up in all desktops regardless of the setting "Where Started".

llinfeng

Re: Google Chrome showing up in All Desktops while assigned to "Where Started".

Postby llinfeng » 31.01.2018 21:30:19

Solution: long story short, Dexpot ought to have admin privilege. Ref: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1848

Return to “Support”