Window flickering and hang window clone bug

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
Tomas

Window flickering and hang window clone bug

Postby Tomas » 25.10.2008 04:49:15

Hi,
I just installed dexpot (I used altdesk recently). But dexpot has one quite annoying thing, when switching desktops, there is white glimmer for a while. It's just about 1/10 second but it's pretty annoying (especially at night) when you have fullscreen windows and it just blink you in the eye.
Altdesk and Virtual Dimension doesn't suffer with this. I guess windows in dexpot are hidden and the desktop is shown for a while or even desktop is hidden as well (which could cause this) and after that the new windows are shown. I guess this is the reason why dexpot is slightly slower than above mentioned virtual desktop programs.

Another problem I observe is relating to hanged windows. For example: hanged totalcommander window on desktop 1, I try to change to desktop 2 and the hanged window is cloned to this desktop, even when totalcommander window is responding again, the application stay cloned on both desktops.

And the last one, when I switch desktop names notification on, the notification takes focus while visible, which is very very annoying when you have opened word for example and you have to wait or click word windows manually to be able typing, but fortunately notifications could be disabled:)

Thanks for any suggestions, maybe I have something misconfigured.
Tomas

Return to “Support”