Cursor moves to top left corner

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
bowlingbeeg

Cursor moves to top left corner

Postby bowlingbeeg » 13.11.2010 23:41:37

I am using dexpot for windows 7 64bit and whenever I have the pointer on a window and switch desktops the pointer moves to the top left corner of the screen. If the pointer is not on a window then it stays in the same position. I'm not sure if this has something to do with the fact that I have auto-focus on but is highly annoying. Anybody know how to fix this, or have the same problem?

selden
Beta Tester

Re: Cursor moves to top left corner

Postby selden » 14.11.2010 13:02:52

I suspect it is an interaction with Auto-Focus. I'm running Win7 Pro x64, do *not* have Auto-Focus enabled, and the cursor always stays in the same location on the screen when I switch windows using a hot-key-combination (e.g Alt-4).
Selden

mikeunderwood

Postby mikeunderwood » 27.12.2010 22:24:23

bowlingbeeg wrote:I am using dexpot for windows 7 64bit and whenever I have the pointer on a window and switch desktops the pointer moves to the top left corner of the screen. If the pointer is not on a window then it stays in the same position. I'm not sure if this has something to do with the fact that I have auto-focus on but is highly annoying. Anybody know how to fix this, or have the same problem?

I have this problem as well when I switch windows and sometimes even on the same window all of a sudden the cursor will jump to the top left. I do not use auto-focus but do use the taskbar plug in for window switching and also don't use command keys to switch windows.

Patrick
Developer

Postby Patrick » 28.12.2010 13:53:19

:dex:

mikeunderwood wrote:sometimes even on the same window all of a sudden the cursor will jump to the top left.

I highly doubt the problem is caused by Dexpot then. Dexpot does not randomly change the cursor position.

Return to “Support”