Running several virtual desktop at the same time on multi-monitors

Here you may post suggestions for improving and extending Dexpot.
Dorianljh

Running several virtual desktop at the same time on multi-monitors

Postby Dorianljh » 09.04.2020 01:34:46

Hello,

I'm tearing my hair out because I can't find a way to do something that sounds simple :

I'm using 3 monitors and I would like to have a specific virtual desktop assigned to a specific monitor, and at the same time, another virtual desktop running on another monitor

Why ?
Many times when you launch a software from an icon on monitor 3, it often start on monitor 1 or 2.
And even dumber, when I'm using a software that prompt multiple sub-windows like Photoshop, and I'm trying to create a new file, the “New file” sub-window prompt on another screen and this is utterly annoying.
I can’t believe Microsoft “virtual dekstop” developers didn't think of that problem, and I was hoping to find a solution with Dexpot, using several virtual desktops at the same time, running on different monitors would really help separate the work areas.

But as I understand it Dexpot don't offer this feature too, do you know why it seems to be so infeasible and no software can do that ?
If it's not a technical barrier it would be an awesome feature for Dexpot

Thanks

Sebastian
Developer

Re: Running several virtual desktop at the same time on multi-monitors

Postby Sebastian » 09.06.2020 09:55:33

:dex:,

Dorianljh wrote:But as I understand it Dexpot don't offer this feature too, do you know why it seems to be so infeasible and no software can do that ?
If it's not a technical barrier it would be an awesome feature for Dexpot

that's correct. We consider this a feature suggestion.
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

Return to “Feature requests”