add similiar features of topdesk

Here you may post suggestions for improving and extending Dexpot.
jj1j

add similiar features of topdesk

Postby jj1j » 17.07.2010 11:29:54

I just love dexpot... it has made my whole pc and interenet experience 1000 times better, in fact just what i wanted and dreamt of... and the cream on the cake is that it works perfectly fine with a program call topdesk... topdesk allows me to view in windows 7 all open windows and applications per desktop...

so as I move around through virtual desktops, with a movement of my mouse on each screen, I can IMMEDIATELY SEE all open windows, applications and that makes dexpot even better for me. I'm not flipping through 4 vitual desktops (each with a hundred shortcuts) and 10 different windows and applications opened per desktop, all quickly, at ease and in peace.

I think this feature of flipping open windows is common in mac and linux but for us windows users we don't have that feature and topdesk gave it to me, ADD topdesk features to dexpot and well, moving around an active pc becomes as easy and efficient as one could ever wish for!

Hope this helps.
Peace,

jjij

Re: add similiar features of topdesk

Postby jjij » 17.07.2010 11:33:06

I'm not flipping through 4 vitual desktops

should say...

I'm NOW flipping through 4 vitual desktops

sorry, typo error :oops:

Patrick
Developer

Postby Patrick » 17.07.2010 11:52:34

Hi, :dex:

have you tried Dexpot's "Window catalogue" feature?

jj1j

Postby jj1j » 17.07.2010 13:25:28

No I haven't yet Patrick.

I would like to...

I clicked on it (right mouse button on the dexpot icon in system tray), but didn't understand what was supposed to happen or why.

if it works like topdesk it must be great... I'll check the faq to try and learn what it is, how it works, and how to get it working for me.

any suggestion which url in faq to check, or is there maybe a youtube video explaining it?
Please advise.

Thanks!

Peace,

jj1j

Postby jj1j » 17.07.2010 13:34:48

Ok, checked it.

Is there a way to give the catalog a mouse hotspace location?

for example, in topdesk, i set my hotspace location anywhere i wish, left, right, top bottom, etc, and once my mouse touches there all the different open windows and apps show up on my screen... and i can set it to either flip form, grid, or simple layout like catalog lays it out.

right now, from what i see i have to go to your icon in the system tray, then locate catalogue button in the list of buttons, then click on it, and then select the window i wish to view.

with topdesk, i cut out three of those steps... i just wooosh my mouse to the hotspace, and boom all windows are there, then i woosh my mouse to a different virtual desktop by clicking on the desktop manager and woosh again my mouse to the hotspace and boom all windows are there.

but maybe I am missing something, need to review your faq and info re catalog.

anyway, just my 2cents.

peace,

Patrick
Developer

Postby Patrick » 17.07.2010 14:31:06

Here are a few options for easier access to the window catalog:

1. Press the WIN+F2 hotkey or define your own (Settings -> Controls -> Hotkeys -> Dexpot components).
  2. Add the catalog as an additional button to the Desktop Manager (Settings -> Components -> Desktop Manager -> Additional Button).
  3. Use a third party tool to get hot corners.

Return to “Feature requests”