Restore Taskbar size after switching to desktop without it

Here you may post suggestions for improving and extending Dexpot.
traycerb
Beta Tester

Restore Taskbar size after switching to desktop without it

Postby traycerb » 02.04.2012 05:40:33

Is there a way to ensure that when returning from a virtual desktop where the taskbar is hidden, that the original taskbar size is restored?

I normally keep my taskbar vertical, and fairly wide. When I go to a desktop where the taskbar is hidden (option Configure Desktops > Tools > Hide Deskop components > Taskbar), and then return to the original desktop, I find my taskbar, while still vertical, is now only the width of the program icons. Can dexpot remember the taskbar settings and restore it? This may be a Windows thing, and not possible, but I'm curious.

This all came about because of I'm exploring a minimalist, distraction-free desktop which has been en vogue for a couple of years e.g. Toward a Distraction-Free Desktop. Again, I keep finding new ways to integrate dexpot features into my daily usage, including setting aside one of my virtual desktops for a dedicated, minimal distraction desktop with a nearly blank wallpaper (option Configure Desktops > Background) and the taskbar hidden as described. There are other solutions (listed in the link), but dexpot would be sufficient if it included this one behavior described above.

traycerb
Beta Tester

Re: Restore Taskbar size after switching to desktop without

Postby traycerb » 15.05.2012 07:04:15

Any thoughts on this? Can the devs replicate this, i.e., the taskbar not remembering settings between desktops? If so, any thoughts on a fix in the pipeline, or, failing that, ideas for work-arounds? Currently on Win7 x64, Dexpot 1.5.99 Build 1858.

Patrick
Developer

Re: Restore Taskbar size after switching to desktop without

Postby Patrick » 16.05.2012 13:05:04

:dex:

Works fine here: the taskbar retains its size when switching between desktops where the taskbar is hidden on one but not the other. Tested on both Windows 7 and XP.

Return to “Feature requests”