Cleanup icons, moving icons between desktops

Here you may post suggestions for improving and extending Dexpot.
piotryx

Cleanup icons, moving icons between desktops

Postby piotryx » 29.08.2012 19:41:06

Sometimes the situation is going to happen to me that some of the icons of the other desktops will be copied to the current desktop. Then, it would be nice to be able to clear the selected desktop icons, which are also on the other desktops - for example, in the window "Windows desktops"

I noticed that you can move windows between desktops using the drag and drop and press the key combination used to change the displayed desktop. Would be nice if you could do the same thing with icons. Or if it could in the context menu of desktop icons select "move to desktop x", "copy to desktop x" ...

Patrick
Developer

Re: Cleanup icons, moving icons between desktops

Postby Patrick » 02.09.2012 13:40:35

:dex:

piotryx wrote:Sometimes the situation is going to happen to me that some of the icons of the other desktops will be copied to the current desktop.

You could try the hotkey "Reload icons from profile": Settings > Controls > Hotkeys > Miscellaneous.

I noticed that you can move windows between desktops using the drag and drop and press the key combination used to change the displayed desktop. Would be nice if you could do the same thing with icons.

Select some desktop icons and then press one of the "Move window" hotkeys.

Or if it could in the context menu of desktop icons select "move to desktop x", "copy to desktop x" ...

Already on the to-do list.

oneness

Postby oneness » 25.03.2013 21:46:15

I don't think it will bee good solution. visual movements (drag and drop) between desktops would be more intuitive. for example drag icon to left/right/up/bottom edges will switch desktops automatically. Maybe hold some keys while doing that . . .
I prefer "keep it simple" principle, because we can add huge amount of options, but main problem remains - it is not intuitive.

vicswain

Postby vicswain » 12.08.2014 02:57:10

i would add, i typically use dexpot for window organization and never icon organization (mostly because frequently used icons will already be on the taskbar). perhaps an option to preserve icons and locations between desktops would be helpful. this becomes a huge issue when downloading anything while in different desktops. regardless, the application is a real time saver...thanks for you efforts.

Patrick
Developer

Postby Patrick » 12.08.2014 11:28:52

:dex:

Unless I'm missing something: switch to Desktop 1, go to "Settings > Switching Desktops" and disable the option "Customize desktop icons".

Return to “Feature requests”