Click-through option

Here you may post suggestions for improving and extending Dexpot.
geekcoder

Click-through option

Postby geekcoder » 01.09.2013 23:32:12

Great work, guys!

There are many awesome features in your Controls/Title Bars section of the Settings dialog box such as the Transparency option. I would like to suggest that a window click-through option be added. An example utility that performs this task is Peek Through. It would be awesome to have this functionality in Dexpot instead of having to use yet another utility. :) In addition, it would be really cool if multiple functions could be bundled to a Mouse/Modifier Combination. But I would be satisfied with just the click-through option added. :)

Thanks in advance!

Patrick
Developer

Re: Click-through option

Postby Patrick » 02.09.2013 14:35:04

:dex:

But then you couldn't deactivate the click-through option anymore, because clicks on the title bar would go through to the next window...

geekcoder

Re: Click-through option

Postby geekcoder » 02.09.2013 19:27:42

Patrick wrote::dex:

But then you couldn't deactivate the click-through option anymore, because clicks on the title bar would go through to the next window...

Thank you, Patrick, for your response!

Yes, that would, on its face, present a problem. However, the way Peek Through handles it is via a keyboard shortcut so that once the window has the focus via the keyboard or clicking on the window via the taskbar, the shortcut can be used to turn off the click-through window state. I should have addressed that in my post. Sorry :(. So, in addition to having the ability to enable click-through via a mouse gesture, perhaps a shortcut key to toggle the click-through state on/off would also be in order?

Thank you very much for your consideration and for everyone's hard work on Dexpot! :)

Return to “Feature requests”