Extra actions in Settings->Controls ->Title bars ?

Here you may post suggestions for improving and extending Dexpot.
Noesis

Extra actions in Settings->Controls ->Title bars ?

Postby Noesis » 05.09.2013 13:18:22

Hi guys,

I've read this rather old post http://dexpot.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2017 about using the close windows - (all desktops) mouse title bar/button action as I have a similar issue.

Essentially I don't see how the close on all desktops function is any different to a standard left click on the close button, they both close any copied windows on all desktops on my machine, no matter how I have the target option set up.

Anyway, my thoughts are that some extra availability should be given to the "close on all other desktops function" so it is an option for a mouse click in the settings->controls->title bars section and as allowing for a hotkey to be set up for it. Also another action I'd find handy in the settings->controls-title bars section is a "run a program" option i.e. user defined program to run on the action. This could essentially allow me to launch a script so I could actually close all instances of an application on all desktops, not just copied windows.

Regards,
Noesis.

Patrick
Developer

Re: Extra actions in Settings->Controls ->Title bars ?

Postby Patrick » 05.09.2013 17:33:57

:dex:

Noesis wrote:Essentially I don't see how the close on all desktops function is any different to a standard left click on the close button, they both close any copied windows on all desktops on my machine, no matter how I have the target option set up.

There is no difference. But the "Close window" action is essentially a "Close window (current desktop only)".

"Close on other desktops" will be available as a hotkey in the next version.

Return to “Feature requests”