active window on switch

Here you may post suggestions for improving and extending Dexpot.
T

active window on switch

Postby T » 13.01.2005 20:57:29

I see where a rule can be set up and a window can be maximized, minimized, top.....etc but I don't see where I can pick a window to active when switching desktops. Is that feature there and I'm missing it?

Gobo

Postby Gobo » 14.01.2005 09:58:42

Hi there T,

there is no rule action (yet) to define a specific window as avtive when switching to a desktop. The default behaviour is setting the window active which was active when leaving the respective desktop.

HTH,
Gobo =8-)
Mit freundlichen Grüßen (wave)
Jochen Boy, Das Dexpot-Team
--
http://www.dexpot.de/

Larry

Doesn't work for me

Postby Larry » 28.02.2005 22:20:32

Gobo wrote:Hi there T,

there is no rule action (yet) to define a specific window as avtive when switching to a desktop. The default behaviour is setting the window active which was active when leaving the respective desktop.

HTH,
Gobo =8-)

This hardly ever works on my system (Win2000). I can leave a virtual desktop with, say, Firefox the "current" window, and when I switch back, the "current" window will be another window on the same desktop. This happens with every desktop. I've selected the option to keep the task bar's order, but the active window is always random.

I've found other strangenesses and quirks with Firefox and Thunderbird. Firefox, in particular, occasionally has an annoying habit of maximizing web controls into opaque and empty windows that block any text or other window from under them until the current window/tab is closed. Very annoying, and I'm sure this is some strange interaction between Firefox and Dexpot.

Other than this, Dexpot is still the best Virtual Desktop system I've seen for Windows... and it's free!

Return to “Feature requests”