Multiple monitor background bug fix

Here you may post suggestions for improving and extending Dexpot.
TSM

Multiple monitor background bug fix

Postby TSM » 09.04.2014 18:24:49

My laptop connects to two computers, one at home, one at work. Both have external monitors.

Problem: Whenever I move between the external monitors, the backgrounds are messed up. My secondary monitor will have the background shifted in the wrong direction or at the wrong resolution or be otherwise displaced. This is due to how Dexpot sets up multi-monitor backgrounds by creating a large spanned image for both monitors on Windows 7.

Workaround: Currently, to temporarily fix this, all I have to do is go to "configure desktops", then set an image to "center" and back to "fill" (or make and reverse some other change) so that I can now click the "Apply" button. Upon clicking Apply, all of the backgrounds for my secondary monitor on each desktop are then properly aligned with the new display. But sadly, this does not happen automatically.

The proposed fix would be this: Have Dexpot re-set the backgrounds of monitors when a new monitor is plugged in. Just call that function associated with the above event of hitting "Apply" on the "Configure Desktops" window.

I believe this will not cause much lag or processor usage in normal use since it takes no time at all when I do it manually (but if it does, just add it to a configuration option), and also it will fix this bug permanently. Monitors will not have broken background images when you plug them in, and would be convenient.

Small change I guess, but worth adding to the list of future improvements if possible. Again, all you'd have to do is call the already existing function as triggered by plugging in a second monitor. So it seems like it would be very easy to implement.

Sebastian
Developer

Re: Multiple monitor background bug fix

Postby Sebastian » 09.04.2014 20:04:42

Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

TSM

Re: Multiple monitor background bug fix

Postby TSM » 11.04.2014 21:27:33

Thanks for the link. Looking forward to the update then!

Return to “Feature requests”