how to bring application to current desktop automatically?

Everything concerning Dexpot in general.
hrobert641

how to bring application to current desktop automatically?

Postby hrobert641 » 04.05.2012 04:36:44

This is one annoying problem, not just with dexpot, but also with unity.

It makes using these virtual desktops less effective. Here is a case:

I am on desktop 1, I double click on an html file in my file manager, then a window opens inside firefox as expected showing the html file. The problem is, firefox is already open in another desktop different from the one I am on now.

Therefore, I have to now go look for that application that opened something I just clicked on.

What should happen is this: When I click on object that requires a jump to an already open application, then that application should be automatically moved to the same desktop I am on, i.e. to the current desktop.

There are many applications that I set so that only one instance of them is running (text editor, firefox, etc...)

Each time I click on something now that requires the use of this application, and it is already running on a different desktop, I have to now go search for the desktop that this application is on, so I can continue work, or go move that application to the current desktop. Very inefficient.

It should be that applications follow the user, and not the user follows applications.

Sometimes I wonder if the developers who develop these virtual desktop software, actually use them in their daily activities.

hrobert641

Re: how to bring application to current desktop automaticall

Postby hrobert641 » 04.05.2012 04:38:11

btw, I am using the best version (1.6?) i.e. the latest one for windows 7, just downloaded 3 days ago or so, not 1.5

thanks

hrobert641

Re: how to bring application to current desktop automaticall

Postby hrobert641 » 04.05.2012 04:46:44

and I also tried all the options in "Behavior of windows on other desktops" at
"Settings > Plugins and Extras". None of them solved this problem.

Return to “General discussion”