Quick Start Guide questions

Everything concerning Dexpot in general.
shutterbus

Quick Start Guide questions

Postby shutterbus » 24.07.2012 01:55:38

The lack of good written notes or a users guide is one of the problems for a newcomer to Dexpot.

On the Quick Start Guide ( http://dexpot.de/index.php?id=quickstartguide ) there are a couple nits.

In sections 10.2 and 10.3 it speak about the "desired target desktop in Desktop Manager". When I click on Desktop Manager, all I get are distinct tiny numbered icons just above the Taskbar. Are the instructions to drop the icon being moved or copied onto one of these tiny icons. I haven't tried it but I'm thinking that dragging a large icon and getting it onto one of these tiny targets might be difficult.

In section 11, choose 'Desktop Manager' is clearly incorrect and should read 'Desktop Rules'.

Sebastian
Developer

Re: Quick Start Guide questions

Postby Sebastian » 24.07.2012 12:44:34

:dex:,

shutterbus wrote:The lack of good written notes or a users guide is one of the problems for a newcomer to Dexpot.

trying to get better.

I haven't tried it but I'm thinking that dragging a large icon and getting it onto one of these tiny targets might be difficult.

You may also use 'Desktop Windows'. We'll add this to the Quick Start Guide soon.

In section 11, choose 'Desktop Manager' is clearly incorrect and should read 'Desktop Rules'.

Fixed.
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

Return to “General discussion”