Voice Activation

Plugin development, plugin requests, support for third party plugins, ...
wiseoleweazel
Beta Tester

Voice Activation

Postby wiseoleweazel » 11.07.2010 13:44:28

Would be interested in the features present in the api, have gotten so interested in dexpot that i have the sdk installed and ready to have a go at making a few plugins.

Thanks

wiseoleweazel
Beta Tester

Re: Dexpot 1.5 Plugin SDK

Postby wiseoleweazel » 11.07.2010 15:10:55

I have reinstalled my c++ ide and am gearing up for a good editing session. I mostly work with php and javascript and a little sql but have delved into c++ in the past and can find my way around.

I am interested in coming up with plugins that demonstrate capability that could be integrated into future core releases or modified, expanded on and given a development nod.

Alot of possibilities with this program and i intend to find out how to make them work :D

Patrick
Developer

Re: Translations and Plugins

Postby Patrick » 11.07.2010 22:11:55

Hi, :dex:

wiseoleweazel wrote:I have reinstalled my c++ ide and am gearing up for a good editing session.

see if you can get the sample plugin to work. I haven't tried to build it with anything other than Visual Studio 2008 yet.

I am interested in coming up with plugins that demonstrate capability that could be integrated into future core releases or modified, expanded on and given a development nod.

Any concrete ideas? I can then tell you if it's possible with the current API feature set and point you in the right direction.

wiseoleweazel
Beta Tester

Postby wiseoleweazel » 11.07.2010 23:53:44

Hi Patrick

One idea is not my own i have heard it here on the forum but using a 3rd party application and command line? to bring up the full screen preview.

Would be nice to have a plugin available directly for dexpot and i can put some effort into that. It could be expanded on in a number of ways also so might be worth investing some time in.

I did mess with the idea of voice activation but might be beyond me, i use a 3rd party app to pull off voice activated switching at the moment, might be something for someone else to look into.

My mind is still spinning with possibilities at the moment so im low on concrete idea's but i will be sure to put them up for criticism and review when i have something.

Yes i am using visual studio 2008 which is building it correctly but i can give it a go with bloodshed and some alternatives too if you like. Still poking around and even guessing at a few api calls.

Patrick
Developer

Postby Patrick » 13.07.2010 08:52:19

wiseoleweazel wrote:One idea is not my own i have heard it here on the forum but using a 3rd party application and command line? to bring up the full screen preview.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but a command line switch for opening the full-screen preview already exists: [FAQ] Which command line options are available?

I did mess with the idea of voice activation but might be beyond me, i use a 3rd party app to pull off voice activated switching at the moment, might be something for someone else to look into.

That's not a bad idea. I too think it's more of a job for a third party tool, though. What's this app you are using for it now?

wiseoleweazel
Beta Tester

Postby wiseoleweazel » 13.07.2010 11:54:04

It is a program called e-speaking and allows for key combinations, takes a little configuring and is'nt the most stable of programs but it does a decent job. I had a video of me using it but had to wipe some files.

Will do a demo some point soon, saying next and previous to change desktops is pretty interesting.

sgtevmckay

Postby sgtevmckay » 14.07.2010 02:07:11

I must agree, especially with the number of Netbooks and Laptops that now come with really good built in Mics. A for the number of folks that would utilized this functionality, would really have to be seen, as Speak to activate really has not taken the hold that even windows expected.

A project like this may be worth tackling in a long term.
I am also going to see if I can work this into Windows 7 Native Speech recognition system, and see if I can get something to work out.

I am curious as to the system resources though, as Most laptop and all Netbooks are very limited

Return to “Plugins”