strange behavior when dragging icons over desktop manager

Feedback regarding the public beta of Dexpot is highly appreciated in this forum.
jegstock

strange behavior when dragging icons over desktop manager

Postby jegstock » 16.03.2012 17:23:34

In multi-folder mode if I drag an icon from a folder that is on my desktop onto a desktop manager icon to move it to another desktop, it does not move the file I dragged, but rather its parent folder gets moved to that desktop.
So, for example, I have a "my Downloads" folder on desktop 1. If I open "my Downloads" and drag the file "my download.txt" to the desktop 3 icon in desktop manager, suddenly the entire "my Downloads" folder will be on desktop 3.

In Shared folder mode has the same issue, but it also has a bigger issue too.

You mentioned that "Shared folder mode is only a legacy option", so I'm guessing that means your not supporting it anymore, but wanted to let you know about this bug anyway. (I actually prefer shared folder mode.)

Anyway, in shared mode when I drag file onto a desktop manager icon to move it to a different desktop, it only works if I do not have my external monitor plugged in. If I have the external plugged in then the icon will just vanish completely from all desktops. Selecting the "auto arrange icons" checkbox fixes this issue, but then of course, you can't have your icons arranged the way you want.

Thanks again!

Patrick
Developer

Re: strange behavior when dragging icons over desktop manage

Postby Patrick » 18.03.2012 23:20:19

:dex:

The drag and drop feature is intended only for items located on the desktop itself. The bug is that it lets you drop files from subfolders of the desktop at all.

I've added a feature request for drag and drop of arbitrary files: http://dexpot.de/bugs/?do=details&id=154

jegstock

Re: strange behavior when dragging icons over desktop manage

Postby jegstock » 19.03.2012 00:09:11

cool. Thanks!

Return to “Dexpot Public Beta”