where are the new features, how do they work?

Feedback regarding the public beta of Dexpot is highly appreciated in this forum.
jimboBingoBongo

where are the new features, how do they work?

Postby jimboBingoBongo » 28.03.2012 06:47:04

sorry but I just can't see any explanation of what and how the new features for the new version that just came out are.
How does the session saver work? Does it save open windows for when you close that
desktop down?

I also don't see a checkbox for an an app staying on the desktop where it is opened up.

i have the mywechsel.ini open to edit it but what does the syntax look like where I have to add the applyRule goes? is it ExploreWClass=applyRule ?

Patrick
Developer

Re: where are the new features, how do they work?

Postby Patrick » 28.03.2012 16:32:06

:dex:

jimboBingoBongo wrote:How does the session saver work? Does it save open windows for when you close that desktop down?

It remembers, based on window class and title, which desktops certain windows were on and automatically restores them to those desktops the next time they are opened. It's designed to work with Open Text Exceed onDemand and its only supported use is with this one application.

There may be other situations where the feature is useful, but you'll have to find out yourself. Here's how it works. Put the following in mywechsel.ini and restart Dexpot:

Code: Select all

[Klasse]
Notepad=autorule

On desktop 1, double-click a text file called "test.txt" to open it in Notepad. Close Notepad. Switch to desktop 2. Double-click the file "test.txt" again. Result: Notepad opens and is moved to desktop 1.

I also don't see a checkbox for an an app staying on the desktop where it is opened up.

where_started.png
where_started.png (41.94 KiB) Viewed 1445 times

Return to “Dexpot Public Beta”