Dexpot and RAMDisks

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
CerebralFreeze

Dexpot and RAMDisks

Postby CerebralFreeze » 01.07.2020 03:02:01

Hi, Everyone,

Hope all are having a good day.

I wanted to know what your thoughts were on installing Dexpot on a RAMDisk. Would it make a difference in the speed of the computer and the running of Dexpot? For example, I have 18 virtual desktops and on each, I have tons of icons. I haven't counted but I probably have about 100-200 icons on most of the desktops. Unfortunately, the icons are constantly not staying in their assigned position. If I use Dexpot with less icons, this doesn't happen. So, I'm wondering if I put Dexpot on a RAMDisk, would I be able to keep all the icons I use and have the icons stay where they are? Also, would Dexpot react faster?

I also use a lot of rules and program assignments and it seems to go slow sometimes.

So, my question is would installing Dexpot on a RAMDisk make my computer run more smoothly?

*Also, would it be ok to post this same question in the General Discussion section? I feel that the developers only really check this section and users check and discuss at the General Discussion section

Sebastian
Developer

Re: Dexpot and RAMDisks

Postby Sebastian » 01.07.2020 08:46:52

:dex:,

CerebralFreeze wrote:So, my question is would installing Dexpot on a RAMDisk make my computer run more smoothly?

probably not that much as Dexpot is just calling the Windows API in many cases.

*Also, would it be ok to post this same question in the General Discussion section? I feel that the developers only really check this section and users check and discuss at the General Discussion section

We check every section. However, it's correct that we focus on the support section.
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

CerebralFreeze

Re: Dexpot and RAMDisks

Postby CerebralFreeze » 01.07.2020 17:34:55

So, I guess it hasn't been tried yet. Maybe when I have time, I'll try to do it and let you, guys know what happens. Should be interesting!

Sebastian wrote::dex:,

CerebralFreeze wrote:So, my question is would installing Dexpot on a RAMDisk make my computer run more smoothly?

probably not that much as Dexpot is just calling the Windows API in many cases.

We check every section. However, it's correct that we focus on the support section.

Return to “Support”